Beer is as old as civilization. Historians speculate that prehistoric nomads may have made beer from grain & water before learning to make bread. Noah’s provisions included beer on the Ark.
Below are links to sites and documents that look back on the history of beer. Enjoy!.
- A concise timeline of beer history compiled by Professor Linda Raley of Texas Tech.
- Beer 100 (website)
- Graphical History of Beer – a timeline posted by Sean Percival on Manolith.com in 1999
- History of Beer from alabev.com (Birmingham Beverage Company)
- Beer History by Michael Hall (2007) from DrinkingBeer.com
- The Truth About the Origins of IPA from Beer Connoisseur Online
The following audio/slide presentation from Beer U at WorldClassBeer.com may be a bit dry, but it is informative:
…and just as informative (and dry) is this slide presentation on beer styles from the same source.
Here is a link to the Styles index mentioned in the above video.